COVID-19 Patient Information
Asda Opticians remain open for essential and urgent eye care services only
Due to this unprecedented time we have taken the decision in line with current NHS and optical regulatory advice to stop routine eye care appointments and services, this is to ensure that we protect our patients and colleagues.
Should you have an urgent eye or vision concern you should first call the store you wish to attend, the phone number can be found on the store locator. During this call our colleague will discuss your concerns and an appointment in store will be made if this is appropriate for you and in some circumstances, we may be able to manage your concerns using a telephone consultation.
If you have any essential or urgent eye care need and are symptomatic of COVID-19 or currently self-isolating, you should call NHS 111 to seek further advice, we will not be able to see you in our optical department.
Contact lenses Patients
- Should you require a repeat order for contact lenses you should order your contact lenses via our website, all lenses will be delivered free of charge to your home address to prevent unnecessary journeys to collect.
- Optical law surrounding the supply of contact lenses has been reviewed and modified by our regulator during this uncertain time.
- If your contact lens specification is due to or has expired you should telephone your local Asda Opticians, our professionals in store are now able to conduct a telephone consultation to aid making the clinical decision to increase the expiry date of your specification. This can be explained in more detail during your call to store.
- If you have broken your spectacles and have no other spectacles or glasses, then we would deem this as essential eye care but maybe able to complete the initial order through a telephone consultation only requiring you to visit the opticians once. Please call the store for further information.
At Asda Opticians we are taking the following steps to ensure we keep our patients and colleagues safe during this time:
- We have implemented government guidelines on social distancing and measures are in place to ensure any contact with a patient is kept to the very minimum.
- Patient and colleague numbers on the department will be managed to ensure social distancing can occur.
- Stringent hygiene procedures are in place.
- Handwashing facilities and hand alcohol gel are available at all times.
- Testing equipment is thoroughly cleaned before and after use.
- Frames are only to be tried on if an urgent order for glasses is required and these will be cleaned thoroughly before and after use.
Asda are committed to keeping our colleagues and patients safe. During this ever-changing situation, be reassured we will continue to review and implement any new guidance or regulation that is issued by our relevant health authorities.