Wearing contact lensesCaring for your lenses
Importance of Aftercare
- Always wash, rinse and dry your hands thoroughly before handling lenses, avoiding perfumed or medicated soaps and fluffy towels.
- If you wear reusable lenses clean your contact lenses with new solution daily. This will remove dust, pollution, make-up and other pollutants that can potential damage your lenses.
- Never use tap water, bottled water or saliva on your lenses. Only use the cleaning and storing solutions recommended by your Optician.
- Do not exceed your maximum wearing time, even if your lenses feel comfortable.
- Do not sleep in your contact lenses, unless your Optician has advised otherwise.
Aftercare is a vital part of wearing contact lenses. You will need regular aftercare to enable you to purchase contact lenses. As part of the aftercare process the optician will issue a specification. UK suppliers can only supply contact lenses if the wearer has a valid specification and they check the details with the prescribing optician. This is to ensure your eyes are healthy and your sight is protected.
When you buy your lenses online with ASDA.com remember aftercare is FREE at any of our 100+ in-store opticians.
During the aftercare, your Optician will check that you are happy with your contact lenses and that:
- You can see well with your contact lenses
- Your contact lenses still fit
- Your contact lenses are comfortable throughout the duration of wear
- Your eyes are healthy (this relates to the outer part of the eye only, where the contact lens sits - You are also advised to have regular eye tests whereby the Optometrist will examine inside your eye too)
If you have concerns with any aspect of contact lens wear, your optician will be happy to discuss them during your check-up.